What is U3A?
The idea of having a local organisation to support people in the third stage of life (active retirement) to keep their minds and bodies active began in France in the 1970s and has now spread to many other parts of the world. Now, U3A allows people who are 50+ and no longer working full-time to continue to learn and share their knowledge and skills, and to exercise and socialise within an inclusive community setting.
Where to find U3A Emerald
We experienced a major change to our venues with the staged opening of the wonderful new Hills Hub at 400A Belgrave-Gembrook Road, Emerald early this year. Then, COVID-19 happened!
Now, our face-to-face classes are currently transitioning back to the Hub. Many of our tutors will be exploring innovative ways of extending the learning process to combine ‘Zoom’ options (video conferencing) simultaneously with these face-to-face classes.
|Dale Allen||Vice President, Minutes Secretary|
|Malcolm Bowmaker||Program manager|
|Helen Waring||Events manager|
|Bruce Richardson||Membership database manager|
|Ray Schmidt||Assets and maintenance|
|Anne Bartley||Marketing manager|
|Jon Snyder||Website, Membership Feedback Survey & Data Privacy Officer|
Life Members of U3A Emerald
Life membership is awarded in recognition of members who have given exceptional service to U3A Emerald for a lengthy period. Our current life members are Mandy Gipps and Peter Weatherhead.
Our Policies and Procedures
- U3A Emerald AGM 2021 Information
- COVID Safe Plan (U3A) January
- Cardinia Hub COVID Safe Plan
- U3A Emerald AGM 2020 Info
- Welcome to U3A Emerald… (and a summary of our policies)
- Anti-bullying Policy
- Anti-discrimination Policy
- Anti-sexual Harassment Policy
- Basic First Aid Policy
- Calling an Ambulance Policy
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Communication and Electronic Media Policy
- Financial Management Policy
- Health and Safety (Serious Injury and Incident) Policy
- Waitlist Policy
- Data Privacy and Security Policy